The RFAC organize six Research Faculty Town Halls every year!
The Town Halls are a space for postdoctoral scholars and research scientists (‘research faculty’) to get informed, create a community and bring up any issues, you, as a research faculty are facing (if you’d rather share something anonymously, please go to ‘Contact us’).
Our goal with RF advisory council Town Halls is:
- Communicate to the RF community current RFAC initiatives and work.
- Host key speakers to present on current events and issues in CoS that affect both Postdoc and Research scientists invite.
- Share and collect information on the issues RF community experience to prioritize our actions.
We have been hosting our Town Halls virtually, but we are returning to in person mode! Food and drinks are provided with RSVP every Town Hall. Stay tuned on our slack channel (@rsch-advisory-council) and email!
- Climate Survey main results: lack of sense of community, research faculty vulnerabilities and lack of awareness of resources.
- Conversation with Dean Cadonati: Recommendations for increasing the minimum of postdoc and research scientist salaries. Current is $47,476 and the proposed 3% increase would bring the minimum up to $49,000. Publicize NIH postdoc salaries to emphasize using grant proposal budgets. Plan to raise postdoctoral salary gradually to be comparable with similar-tier universities.
- Introducing Karena Nguyen from the Office of Postdoctoral Services, who gave an overview of her aims and project ideas.
Next Town Hall:
To be announce
- Research Faculty Awards and Overview of RFAC initiatives