Congrats on your new position, and welcome to GA Tech! Here are some resources we find particularly helpful for new Research Faculty. Save our flyer to not miss a thing:
Connect with the CoS Research Faculty Community
- Slack for RF: https://join.Slack.Com/t/gtcosresearch-xzh2822/signup/
- Town halls for RF are announced on the RF Slack and by email. Attention: Join the RF Slack to ensure you receive announcements! GT listservs may be problematic, especially for affiliates.
- Contact postdoc services ‘email@example.com’.
- Sign up for GT listserv at : https://lists.gatech.edu/
GT Email and Software
- GT email: https://gatech.service-now.com/home/
- Computer access: https://www.passport.gatech.edu/
- Two-factor login: https://twofactor.oit.gatech.edu/
- Software is available via GT office of information technology: https://software.oit.gatech.edu/
- Discounted licenses for microsoft products: https://institutional.techstore.usg.edu/
GT Human Resources (HR) and Training Courses
Faculty Affairs, Postdoctoral Services, or the CoS RF Liaison
- Faculty affairs: https://faculty.gatech.edu/
- Postdoctoral services:
- Postdoctoral services : https://postdocs.gatech.edu/postdoc-resources/
- Postdoctoral appointment policy: https://policylibrary.gatech.edu/postdoctoral-appointment-policy
- CoS RF liaison: Laura Cadonati
New International RF
- Visa holders get onboarded with iStart: https://isss.oie.gatech.edu/isss/istart-help
Other links of interest:
If one or more of these links is out of date, please do let us know:
via slack (@rsch-advisory-council) or email (rsch-advisory-council@-cos.gatech.edu).
Otherwise, we hope to meet you soon in slack and/or at an upcoming town hall!